The Sales Development Executive provides specialized color sales support and leadership to the Canon Account Executives within the Production Printing Division. This an overlay position that is accountable for driving sales activities for Canon-Oce’s Inkjet and/or Production sheet-fed toner solutions through the account executives. The ideal candidate will be an independent, self-motivated, sales professional with a successful track record managing complex sales cycles.
Canon Solutions America offers a competitive compensation package including base salary, commissions, monthly and quarterly bonus opportunities, travel allowance, medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan, profit sharing, opportunity to earn incentive trips, success sharing, tuition reimbursement, vacation, and much more!
- Develop strategic plan for achieving territory quota and maximizing long-term account revenue opportunities for the Canon-Océ Production Inkjet and/or Toner product line.
- Assist and coach Account Executives on prospecting, identifying and forecasting Continuous Form/Sheet-fed Inkjet and/or Sheet-fed Toner printing systems opportunities within their existing or potential customers.
- Develop and deliver dynamic customer presentations, demonstrations and proposals highlighting the unique customer business applications and solutions that Canon/Océ brings to the marketplace.
- Lead the sales cycle by assessing, analyzing and recommending account color document workflow environment for identified opportunities.
- Support sales management by driving prospecting activities.
- Manage complex sales cycle utilizing a consultative solution selling approach for the consideration and selection of Canon/Océ inkjet product line.
- Engage C Level executives and decision makers to gain understanding of their business objectives and promote how Océ solutions create value for their organization, through effective business analytics and justification processes.
- Act as subject matter and competitive expert.
- BA or BS business-related degree or equivalent experience.
Minimum of 5+ years of successful consultative sales experience within the digital color document printing marketplace and Fortune 1000 companies. .
- Minimum of 5+ years successful experience selling high speed page printers, or printer accessories and forms (e.g. Xerox DocuTech and DocuColor/iGen3, Kodak/Heidelberg Digimaster/NexPress or HP digital color printers).
- Executive presence and presentation of capabilities.
- Strong knowledge of color theory, applications used in color documentation creation and color printing technology.
- Experience in establishing and developing account relationships with C-Level decision makers and influencers.
- Excellent presentation, negotiation and demonstration skills. Strong ability to utilize internal resources and coordinate a team-selling approach.
- Strong business analytics acumen.
- Proven ability to drive and close sales; handle objections (provide examples).
- Business computer literacy.
- Excellent business communication and writing skills.
- Willingness to travel extensively (50%+).
Canon Solutions America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
EOE Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disability/Protected Veterans